As every year, Microsoft has launched the new edition of Microsoft Ignite. As usual there are lots of news from Orlando for Intelligent Communications with Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business:
Transform your workplace with Microsoft 365
It’s the main keynote about Microsoft 365 where they talked about Microsoft Teams:
- If you are a new customer to Microsoft you will get Microsoft Teams directly: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4465277/microsoft-teams-now-the-primary-client-for-meetings-and-calling
- Features and new devices for meeting: Background blur, recording meeting, live events
- New experiences tailored for specific industries: Shift management or care coordination capabilities (Microsoft StaffHub will be retired and the features will be added to Teams)
They have also demonstrated what could be the future of meeting with AI for transcription, translation or face recognition, mixed reality and the new model of Microsoft Surface Hub 2!
Modern Teamwork: Transform collaboration and communications with Microsoft 365
It’s a more specific keynote about collaboration. This session tackles topics around Sharepoint, Yammer, Onedrive and of course Teams. Here is some features shown:
- Federation with users outside of the organization
- Tab to integrate Microsoft 365 like Planner or Yammer
- View Sharepoint Pages in Teams and use specific features like sync files
- Meeting: Background blur, Recording with captions and search keywords, Drive Mode on Teams Mobile, Meeting Interop with partners like Polycom, Bluejeans and Pexip, live event.
- New certification program for devices and applications
- New Devices from Jabra, Plantronics, Creston, Polycom or Yealink.
- Features for first line workers or healthcare
- IT Tools: Teams Admin Portal helps admin to upgrade users from Skype for Business to Teams, manage Teams in the company.
- Support of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for chat and channel messages.
- And last but not least, updates on Teams Development Platform with Microsoft Graph and call and meetings APIs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/calls-and-meetings/calls-meetings-bots-overview). I will detail this subject in another post.
The session is available on demand : https://mediastream.microsoft.com/events/2018/1809/Ignite/player/tracks/track1.html?start=24668
- What’s new in Teams: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/What-s-new-in-Teams-Ignite-Edition/ba-p/252531
- Surface Hub 2: https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2018/09/24/whats-next-for-surface-hub-2/#qpOKLuMjqMDHXfSO.97
There are lots of more sessions this week, you can find all the sessions on https://ignite.microsoft.com